Saturday, September 1, 2007

Things to remember

When I met my mentees, I gave them each a journal. My mentor did the same for me, and I remember being excited about the sense of possiblity in the journal. Of course, I didn't actually use it until second semester when Caley required it, but still...

In the journals I gave to my mentees, I included a few pieces of advice. I'm sure I could have said a million more things or taken an entirely different tack. I don't think that surviving and getting the most out of the Adcenter can be accurately described in eight points. But with those caveats in mind, I've included my Adcenter advice below. Please add you own, I can always use the wisdom!

1. Don’t censor yourself

2. Be an active participant in groups

3. Don’t worry about what you don’t know

4. Find someone who you can share your ideas with

5. Listen and absorb everything

6. Take time for yourself

7. Have an opinion

8. It’s just advertising

No comments: