Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I am not an art director

This post is dedicated to Devika, who likes to encourage my artistic expression.

In my heart of hearts, I would love to be some kind of do-it-all strategic art director. But alas, I just used photoshop for the first time today and am not quite accomplished at the whole concept of the 'layout' yet.

For my quant/qual course, my assignment is to write a brief for a product for which I am not the target. I chose to write about Earth's Best organic baby food. This was an interesting assignment for me in two ways. First, Earth's Best is something I had tried to write a brief about last winter, for the purpose of building my own book. Second, part of the assignment was to do your own art to prove that the brief was usable. It was interesting to see where my brief was last year, versus where this one is now.

In the end, I came up with the following two brilliant art pieces. One ad for a parenting magazine and one iasle ad for a grocery store. Don't laugh too hard.

No comments: