Sunday, January 3, 2010

And I'm Back

For the past year and a half, I've been living my life in a strange combination of laziness and hyper-drive. In my hyper-drive moments, I'm working, working, working. I work on a retail account, a shopper marketing account and a pro-bono, and it's left much less time than academia to blog. To record moments of interest, I've leaned toward Twitter -- no muss, no fuss, and very little thought. As for my lazy moments, I don't think much more explanation is needed.

But it's 2010 now, time to start new things and to re-start old projects. This blog may be a bit different in round 2. I'm not sure what the changes will be, but my life has changed since I last took it seriously. Advertising, as my job, is a part of my life. But as a job I love, it affects most of my life. The blog, then, is about advertising -- as it always has been. But my definition might be a it broader. Advertising is touched at all points by people -- the teams, the agencies, the artists who inspire, and the 'targets' we try to speak to. And so, this blog is about people, as filtered through the possibilities for communication.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray! Welcome back my friend!